Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Engaged Couples...registering experience?

Hi there!

Happy Tuesday. :) So being a wedding photographer, I find it extremely important for me to keep up on all the parts of the wedding process and things that couples may encounter. This way I can not only offer quality photographs but I can offer quality advice to the couples I meet along the way.

Part of the reason I find this so important is because I am an engaged bride myself with my wedding coming up later this year. Recently my fiance and I went to go register at Bed Bath and Beyond. Now, we hadn't registered anywhere else previously and didn't know what to expect...but what we got was definitely not in our wildest imaginations. I want to share my experience with other brides that way you won't be as shocked as I was about the entire process.

We got there on a Sunday...there were 5 other couples registering. This is no problem because BB & B assigns you with your own employee to "guide you through the process." We sat down in the back at a new section completely for weddings. Expensive China, photo frames, etc. covered the walls. We had to go through a process of information giving and learned a little bit about BB & B's registration policy. We then got a "tour" of the store. Okay, I know most stores have expanded and gained more products but... I'm educated, I can read a sign and realize the layout is a big rectangle. Anyways, we proceeded and were thankful for our overly pleasant worker.

After the tour we went back to the counter to get "the gun." That's right, the point and shoot gun. We were finally excited for this and couldn't wait to start.... except...we had to get another "mini tour" to be shown how to use the gun and where to aim it, etc. It's not rocket science people! hahaha. After that, we thought we were finally on our own to talk and pick out items for the registry. Wrong again. Our BB & B worker wouldn't leave. She asked us if we wanted her to go with us to help pick items...we politely said no thank you. So, after a few minutes of awkward (and ( mean AWKWARD silence) she leaves us. Whew. We're free!! Wrong again.

Every ten to fifteen minutes our BB & B worker would come find us. She knew exactly where we were in the store. How is this? She was in the back watching what we were clicking with the price gun. She then would run up and say "oh I see you just registered for the queen-sized mattress pad... I think  you should get the allergen protector cover sheet to go with it..here it is." Really? She was trying to up sell us on something we didn't want. I don't need a $120 "allergen reducer cover" for my mattress...thanks anyways lady! After a few more awkward moments we lost her again. My fiance and I figured she got the point by now...but nope, within another fifteen minutes she was back again. This cycle continued throughout our entire registering process making it very frustrating and unpleasant. I completely appreciate that she was "there for us" and willing to help, but we didn't need the help. And every time she came to us, it threw us off our thinking.

We finally get to our last item and look around. Every other couple that was in there had their BB & B worker with them helping them pick items. Were we the only ones who didn't? Yep. This made me feel slightly bad...but then I just thought to myself...if these other couples can't make decisions together on what to get for their home...should they really be getting married? Hmmmm. You tell me. I'd love to hear anyone else's registering experiences!!!

Have a great day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment