Sunday, February 13, 2011

Freelance Photographers and Life's Uncertainty's

Hi Again everyone!


I hope you all are having a wonderful weekend thus far. I wanted to blog quickly on a topic that has recently come to my attention from a client. As you all know, I am a freelance photographer and work alone. I do all my photo-taking, arranging, editing, etc. I haven't had the need for an assistant to date and have enjoyed being a sole proprietor. However, I had a future wedding client ask me what happens if I have an emergency and can't do the photos, who is my backup and what should they do? While this has spurred my interest in finding an assistant and training my fiancĂ© to learn how to use my camera, I thought we would go back to the general issue at hand, for it seems to be a re-occurring one for most freelance photographers. 


I found an interesting forum on photo.net about this very issue on the photographer's end and would like to share:
http://photo.net/wedding-photography-forum/00W2ca


As we all know, life has many uncertainties and it's important to stay prepared as possible. But, for those rare emergencies that leave you completely indisposed, it is important to network with photographers out there who may be able to cover you last minute!

No comments:

Post a Comment